Duplicated files and .gdform not working anymore

I’m in trouble again with duplicates: I had serious issues months ago, I didn’t really solved but only removed duplicates, hoping problem won’t appear any more.
Some days ago I noticed Insync (3.2.6, now working with 3.2.7) started again to duplicate folder and files without any particular reason: I couldn’t find any specific explanation in the forum about the causes of duplication, so this issue is very bad bcause it means Insync is not reliable.
I only find a suggested solution when duplication has gone, but it would be better to know why it happens.

However luckly I had a backup, so I decided to apply the solution Mia suggested
I erased everything either on Google Drive AND synced folder, then copied on Google Drive and then synced back: a very hard and long work since I had 240 GB synced…

Now, my questions:

• is anyone able to say me what I need to do in order to avoid future duplications? What is the cause?
  • why I’m not able anymore to access and open my Google forms in a specific folder, while I can easily open the others? I copied the folders in the same way they were stored before erasing, with the same authorizations

I just sent logs as usually requested.

1 Like

Hi! This is Mara from Insync Support.

Thanks for letting us know about this and we apologize for the inconvenience.

We’re still investigating the cause of duplications since they occur from different roots. The logs you’ve sent will be a big help to us.

For your Google forms, may I know if you copied them locally? For now, Insync does not upload GDrive files local to cloud when they’re created/copied in your local folders. I suggest creating the copy from the cloud itself then syncing it back to your folders. Let me know if this works!

Again, thank you for your patience!

Well:

1. “…For your Google forms, may I know if you copied them locally? …”
    No, I didn’t, why do I had to do…since I was using Insync just to have them synced?
    Why should I copy locally what the software should do because …it is a syncer?
    So,
    no, I don’t have a local copy of those not working gdforms.

I think this thing should be clearly explained somewhere in a tutorial
maybe it is but I haven’t found

1. “… For now, Insync does not upload GDrive files local to cloud when they’re created/copied in your local folders…”
    So, please, let me understand: is this valid only for gdforms or for every file?
    If for gdforms only… if I need to backup I should download them, upload again on Google Drive and then
    sync with Insync, is it correct?
    If so…where is this explained ???

2. “… I suggest creating the copy from the cloud itself then syncing it back to your folders. Let me know if this works! …”
    It could have been working if I knew before! Now my online copies don’t work anymore, trash is empty,
    so my work is gone, isn’t it?

And this happened because I could find those ESSENTIAL infos anywhere.

And yes, I’m very very annoyed
Insync is unreliable right now, I discover features only when troubles are on, usually unrecoverable