Extreme energy impact/cpu usage

I’m using Insync for quite some time already and just stepped up to a new macbook pro. The battery life of this machine should be around 5-10 hours, but I just don’t get over 2 hours. I started to look into the energy usage and I notice that if I look in the activity monitor that Insync uses 99,9% cpu and that the average energy impact given is 56%, while giving a regular usage of 100%! That seems totally out of line for me. It’s not syncing as there is a green checkmark next to the picture in the taskbar. I’m using MacOS Mojave and have no idea what’s happening. Is there any experience with this problem?

Hi @Andre_vd_Hoeven

My apologies for the trouble! :frowning: This is a known issue that our team is currently working on. Can you please send your logs to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post?

Have you guys thought about scheduled syncing? I mean, I don’t need my GDrive to be updated in realtime. I could live with a sync every 60, 90 or even 120 minutes. And if there’s something really urgent that I need, I can still manually trigger a sync isn’t it?

Please let me know if this feature is on your roadmap or not. Despite having used your software for more than 5 years I am so close to quit and look for alternative solutions. I know that building software ain’t easy but come on, don’t be a frickin CPU / energy hogger…