Extremely high memory usage on Macbook

So this is not good. A ridiculous amount of memory usage.Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 10.43.50 PM

@Mac_Sims Hi! This is definitely not good as it is hogging your resources! Does the memory leak happen even when Insync is running idle (i.e. no sync activity)?

It happens at idle, but at a much slower rate than when it is syncing files/folders. I ended up just restarting the app every day, as by the end of the day I would hit 10+ GB usage. It’s a very badly coded piece of software. Since this has been an issue for years as can be seen throughout the forums, I suspect their main mac coder has resigned some time ago and the app has been left to languish, with some minor changes made but nothing significant to try fix this problem.

Hi @Rob_euk!

I am terribly sorry to hear that you’ve needed to restart Insync every day due to the memory leak issue.

Our Mac Team has revisited this long-standing issue in the past, but one main factor with these kinds of issues is its level of replicability. We initially had a promising lead regarding Insync’s interaction with Time Machine, but unfortunately after the improvements were released, the issue eventually resurfaced. :frowning:

Another user shared that the memory leak happens with Carbon Copy Cloner task running - is there any chance you have this on your machine as well?

No I do not have carbon copy cloner installed. I previously sent through logs as well so you can see the data dump.

@Rob_euk, thank you for confirming! I was able to trace the logs that you previously sent to my teammate.

Rest assured that we will continue to look into this memory leak issue so we can finally put it to rest. Constantly restarting Insync is definitely not sustainable (especially if you have to wait for it to finish scanning, you’re in the middle of a large sync, etc).

Thank you for your patience!

If this problem is every fixed after 1 year having had the license, will we get a free update, or will we have to purchase another license to get the problem fixed?

Hi @Rob_euk, assuming that this is the license found on https://www.insynchq.com/pricing, then you do not need to purchase another one when the memory leak issue has been fixed in a new version. :slight_smile: The once-paid license includes version upgrades already. Hope that helps!