[feature request] Context menu: sync into

We have big team drives and I don’t want to sync them. But sometimes I have to add big folders or files into this team drives (not synced), even inside some other folder inside a team drive, for example we have a isos folder that is located on /teamDrive1/Backup/isos/.
Also, at least on linux (kde), there is a context menú to sync any file or folder
but the options are only the accounts configured in insync.
I would like to have an option that give me the choice where to upload it.

Hi @nsanz,

Version 1.4 allows top-level folders to be in different locations. :slight_smile: You can explore this feature by going to your Insync app window. Click on your account and right-click any top-level folder. You’ll see change location. If you click that, a pop-up window will let you choose the top-level folder’s new location.

Please take note that this cannot be done yet for subfolders. Thank you!

Hi, thks for replying.

I know I can change the location of each root folder, but that isn’t what I need.

I need a way to put any folder/file that is on my computer inside a not synced folder.
For example:

• I have a folder in my PC called folder1.
  • I have a teamdrive that has a isos folder on /teamDrive1/Backup/isos/
  • /teamDrive1/Backup/isos/ isn’t synced to my computer due to exceeds my computer hdd free space

I need to upload my local folder1 into the /teamDrive1/Backup/isos/.

If I had synced /teamDrive1/Backup/isos/ would be easy to upload my folder1 to that location, just move my files in my pc. But as I don’t have synced /teamDrive1/Backup/isos/ there is no easy way to upload folder1 into that location.

Another aproach, different to context menu option, will be to recreate the folder structure, eve if a folder isn’t synced, so I can put files into any folder and insync sync them.

thks in advance
have a great day
NS

Here I use a work arround