Ui not showing pending sync on new folder

Hi.

As a work around to this feature request I sync a small file into the folder I want to put some files/folders to get the folder hireachy constructed in my computer. After the small file get synced into my computer so the folder structure get constructed, I move another folder into it. For example:

• Sync a small readme file from a folder in /temadrives/backup/17-12-14…/ to my computer
  • Move the folder I want to get synced (17-12-14…) into the same folder as the small readme file
  • The moved folder start to sync (upload in this case).
  • The teamdrive root folder (backup/) shows that is syncing
  • The teamdrive subfolder shows that is syncing
  • The moved folder (17-12-14…) look like is not synced or syncing

The moved folder finished syncing, still have unchanged status on UI

After closing an opening insync again. It shows the correct status

someone has detected this behaviour?

Hey @nsanz,

Awesome job on finding a workaround! If I understood correctly, the feature you’re requesting is to sync a file to a specific folder inside Google Drive and not just to the account? For example, when using the Add to Insync right-click feature on an ISO file, you want to be able to determine which folder the ISO file will be synced to?

As for the status icon not changing, it seems you were able to fix it by closing and opening Insync. If you’re still experiencing issues, let me know! :slight_smile:

Hi @Gregory

Awesome job on finding a workaround! If I understood correctly, the feature you’re requesting is to sync a file to a specific folder inside Google Drive and not just to the account? For example, when using the Add to Insync right-click feature on an ISO file, you want to be able to determine which folder the ISO file will be synced to?

This approach will be great, a way to select where (folder/ location of destination) to upload a file.

As for the status icon not changing, it seems you were able to fix it by closing and opening Insync. If you’re still experiencing issues, let me know! ![:slight_smile:]

Yes, closing and opening it again fix the status icon and I’m not sure if still happens. I’ll check it and let you know.

Great! We’ll definitely take note of the feature request. :slight_smile: Thanks again for the feedback, @nsanz!

Hi @Gregory.
I tested it again, the problem isn’t present. Odd behaviour.

Anyway, thanks for taking note of the feature request
have a great day

1 Like

Glad to hear it, @nsanz. :slight_smile: If you have any more feature requests, just create a Topic!