FreeNAS or FreeBSD Support

Can we have any update on FreeBSD support?

We are InSync for Business users and are in the process of replacing our ARM-based NAS box with a FreeNAS system (Runs FreeBSD). I would like to keep our background sync to Google Drive the same as we use on our ReadyNAS but cannot find any development information for FreeBSD.

3 Likes

@Jonathan_Catt: No plans to support FreeBSD currently, apologies for the trouble.

What seems to be the trouble with FreeBSD package? I don’t think he is asking for source/ports tree. If you can cross compile a portable 32bit and 64bit linux, what about the FreeBSD kernerl/userspace poses a problem? You seem to be arch independant if you can do x86, x86_64/amd64, and ARM.

@BenCarr: Insync uses inotify in Linux, which does not exist in FreeBSD. There are equivalent systems like kqueue and kevent but they are not fully compatible, and we haven’t started work on it yet.

+1 for freeNAS support.

is there any implementation for freenas yet?
i need to use insync via freenas.
thanks for any adice on this!

@milan_crew: Apologies, we have no builds for FreeBSD yet.

Long time Insync user!

Im moving from Openmediavault to Freena, so +1 to FreeBSD support!

Big fan of FreeBSD here.

I don’t know if I am missing something, but inotify-tools exists in FreeBSD as a port here. Does this provide what’s needed?

If not, please excuse my ignorance, but I would like to voice my support for FreeBSD, as well, for what it’s worth. Haven’t been able to use Insync for a while since I’ve moved to FreeBSD almost exclusively.

Thanks for listening, anyway!