GDLink files/folders as original files

Can you provide an option to sync gdlinks as the linked file/folder, instead of a .gdlink file? Gdlink files are useless to me if I want to edit my files locally.

Google recently updated their Drive to change any files/folders that are stored multiple times, as a link. It turns out shared folders/files from other people, turned into gdlinks as well. This resulted in many GB of data being un-synced from my local system, as well as my spouse’s. We share folders/files between us, and sync locally to work on files, with Insync running in the background to maintain the up/down with Drive. If it were just files I had multiple times within my account that were linked, I could deal with that. But entire folders of content are just gone, replaced with a .gdlink file. This was actually the driving force behind us buying Insync, and Google’s change completely nullifies that for us.

1 Like

Hi @alcamar!

My apologies for the trouble you’ve faced since Google started implementing these changes. I have forwarded this post to our engineers as this is a discussion we’re currently doing – how Insync can adapt to said changes on Google’s end.

1 Like

Here’s a related discussion: ttps://forums.insynchq.com/t/google-drive-shortcuts-replacing-files-and-folders-stored-in-multiple-locations/18346

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. If you need any information on my use case, I can provide further more directly. In the meantime, I’ll keep a close eye out for future releases.

1 Like

Thanks so much @alcamar :slight_smile: