Google API dailyLimitExceededUnreg Error

Hello! I was using Insync for years without problems, recommending its use to many customers.

Unfortunately I decided to upgrade from version 1.5 to version 3 a few days ago, from that moment a series of errors and huge problems began, such as hours, tens of hours, of CPU intensive use and not synchronization, abrupt closures of the application, for some reason re-uploads of thousands and thousands of files already synchronized to Google Drive, in some cases duplicating the files and folders, in others stepping on the original editing / creation time for the current one, etc.

After all these problems, I decided to revert the version back to 1.5, but apparently the GUI with ubuntu 19.10 no longer works, giving segfaults apparently due to conflicts with gnome, xorg, etc., so I decided to try again with version 3.

After hours of trying to synchronize (there really is nothing to synchronize, maybe 1 or 2 files, since everything was really synchronized), and several minutes of re-uploads of files to drive, I see in the file out.txt many entries of error related to “Daily limits Exceeded” and CurlError due to this.

There are many Curl error entries pointing to error urls with the following content:

{"error":{"errors":[{"domain":"usageLimits","reason":"dailyLimitExceededUnreg","message":"Daily Limit for Unauthenticated Use Exceeded. Continued use requires signup.","extendedHelp":"https://code.google.com/apis/console"}],"code":403,"message":"Daily Limit for Unauthenticated Use Exceeded. Continued use requires signup."}}

Do you know how I could fix this? I fear anyway that by correcting the excess of daily connections, Insync continue rewriting all the online content (locally near 100GB).

Thank you,
Daniel

@dannet Migrating from 1.5 to 3 for a large dataset may take quite some time and may cause rateLimitExceeded errors for the account but we haven’t come across dailyLimitExceededUnreg error. Also, it shouldn’t re-upload a whole lot of files unless the local copies are really different from the cloud ones.

Could you send the Insync logs to support@insynchq.com so that we could look into this?

Is this dailyLimitExceededUnreg error expected when effectively starting a new cloud account (thus uploading many files)? Do we have any idea what the limit is? I’m trying to decide if it’s worth uploading my 10+ million files to a new unified GSuite Drive account, or if I should keep using my unmaintainable bunch of @gmail.com Google Drives. I’ve been struggling to upload more than a few thousand files every couple days by killing and restarting the Insync app every two hours. There’s no indication when it stops working why it stopped working in the UI or how long it will be till it starts working again.

And really, why is the app uploading files with an unauthenticated API call? That sounds like it’s implemented wrong, not using the proper tokens or something. Am I competing with all Insync users who are using the same set of requests, or what??

OK I just signed up for fun for a Google Drive API token with a free level account. The API quotas I got are:
|Queries per day |1,000,000,000|
|Queries per 100 seconds per user |1,000|
|Queries per 100 seconds |10,000|

So, I have to wonder why the app is failing me after a few thousand files. Or why I can’t use my own API key and potentially pay Google directly if I want to upload more than 1,000,000,000 files per day? :sweat_smile:

Hello, no, this is not an expected error and the app’s API calls are all authenticated… As @dipesh had mentioned previously, we haven’t come across this error in our testing so far but we’ll look into this.

What Insync version are you currently trying to use to upload your files? Would you mind sending an email to support@insynchq.com with more details so we can help troubleshoot your issue further? Thank you.

1 Like

I’ve already emailed support a few times and have provided my logs over various versions, so you should have it. I have been checking for new versions every couple days, so I’m generally on the latest.

Currently still getting this error in the latest version Insync 3.3.4.40914. Note in order to see the errors, I need to launch Insync from command line with “insync start --no-daemon”. The client shows 7 in progress uploads that are just stuck. Killing and restarting Insync can get them to start uploading again for a few seconds before stopping again.

The funny thing is today i only uploaded 150 files not that they were large in size apprx 5mb in size

Most of them were blank templates of a website i wanted to keep on the air

resulting in the small size

Hi! Did you experience this using the latest version of Insync? If so, can you send us your log files so we can check them out? :slight_smile: Please send them to support@insynchq.com along with a link to this post!