Google Drive - "Add to my Drive" was replaced by "Add shortcut to Drive"

Google backup and Sync stopped syncing newly shared directories between the computer and the Drive, because “Add to my Drive” was recently replaced by “Add shortcut to Drive” for personal accounts too. Shared directories are not any more stored on the target Google Drive, therefore syncing to the computer is not possible. Do you know whether Insync applications can sync these directories between the computer and Google Drive?

1 Like

Yeah, they show up as shortcuts for me. I have A LOT of folders that were added as shared folders; so suddenly these will not download to my machine. I can still manually sync items that are “Shared with me” but have to do so manually.

This is bad news.

Any news on this important feature?

When will this feature released ? It’s starting to be annoying not being able to manage these folders … Thanks.

Hi @Federico_Baraldi,

I understand how this is affecting your workflow. Let me follow this up with our engineers. :slight_smile:

Any update on this @mia ? This change by Google has turned out to be super annoying when working with the insync client…

Hi @moses3k,

Apologies for the trouble you’re experiencing. Our team is currently prioritizing bug fixes, but I have added this to the feature request and have followed up with our engineers.

Hello. I really really need this feature. It must be one year I didn’t use insync due to this feature lacking…

Thanks to one of my colleagues (:pray: :pray:) I found how to still get folders synchronized.

Go on parent folder you want to synchronize
Select this folder
Click on SHIFT+Z
Select where to put it on “My Drive”
Validate
Tindiiin…

4 Likes

Thanks a lot man! Really really helpful. However, I think that Insync should find a solution for that!

2 Likes

We are listening!! @Jairo_Rodrigo_Mejia :slight_smile: Will include this in the frequently requested features so we can plan and get the ball rolling asap.

1 Like

Super helpful! Thanks so much for sharing!