Google Drive shortcuts to shared folders in centOS 7

Hi,

A collaborator of mine shared a Google Drive folder with me, I added a “Google Drive shortcut” of that folder to “My Drive”. My current (prime licensed) version of inSync (1.5.7.37371) running on my centOS 7 workstation shows a .gdlink file in the folder where I added the shortcut, but it does not resolve that shortcut. I cannot see the files of the shared folder. I have tried to update the inSync version, just in case this were supported in the latest version of inSync, but I could not find how to do it for centOS 7. I have to questions/requests:

1. How can I update inSync to the latest version in Linux centOS 7 ?

2. Does the latest version of inSync synchronizes or gives access somehow from the command line to the Google Drive shortcuts to shared folders?

Thank you very much,

robert.

Hi, Robert! This is Mara from Insync Support.

Thank you for reaching out to us! Below are the answers to your queries:

1. Our Insync 3 is only supported by centOS 8+, if you’re on centOS 7, you’ll need to remain on 1.5.7.
  2. Our latest version (3.3.1) does not actually have the “Add Shortcut to Drive” feature of Google Drive yet. This is something we’re currently working on and hopefully can provide a counterpart feature on our next major releases. :slight_smile:

For now, if you want to keep a copy to your My Drive folder, we recommend creating a copy of that folder and adding it to your My Drive manually.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions I can help you with, just let us know. You can also reach us at support@insynchq.com.

1 Like