Google Photos Sync

Hi all!

I have a question about Photo sync with google photos and isync. I already have my Google Photos folder sync, bust would like to backup photos from a external drive using the unlimited storage feature. I have configured my account to use the high quality to have my unlimited photo storage, but when I upload from insync, it counts down my Google storage. Is there any way to make insync act like the Google Photos app? My external drive is Ext4, so I have to do it on Linux and Google does not support Photos for linux.

Thanks!

hi @jcnbittencourt! Although Insync can be used to sync your Google Photos folder (via Drive), I’m afraid we don’t support Google Photos’ unlimited storage option. this is because Insync works with Google’s Drive API which doesn’t include that feature :slight_smile:

Will note this as a feature request

Any update on this as of yet @gio?

I’m afraid none for this @Ferione – Interesting idea but Google Photos works separately from Google Drive so definitely harder to integrate.

We’re currently working on adding support for Team Drives.

Okay, still it would be nice if there will be a way to do this.

I would love this as well. Especially now that Google released a sync service for Photos, this is the one big feature I’m missing in Linux. Would be awesome if Insync could do it.

1 Like

Actually proper Google Photo Sync was the only reason I installed Insync (there’s no other option for us Linux users to sync photos to Google). But I cannot use it without this feature - I’ll surely become a client if this feature works.

If you support google photos sync against the unlimited quota I would have bought it right away.
What I’ve seen theres currently no good option for a linux user…