Google Security Warning: Remove risky access to your data

Hi there,

Google warns me about Insync because 1) it has full access to my Google Drive and 2) the developer’s information hasn’t been verified by Google.

Could you please get verified by Google as a developer?

Here’s Google’s warning from the screenshot as text so that this post can be found better:

Remove risky access to your data
This app or service has extensive access to your personal information and its developer’s information hasn’t been verified by Google. You should remove its access unless you’re sure you trust it.

Cheers,
Marc

1 Like

Thank you for giving us a heads up on this, @mpuels! Allow me to forward this to our engineers so we can make the necessary steps to resolve.

Hello, @mpuels! Could you please let us know what date is shown in the following info prompt?

I think Google should ask its users if they trust it with access to their data! :rofl:

1 Like

Hi mia,

I am not the original poster, but I am having this same issue. Here is what the “App details” shows for me. (I use insync-headless on my linux fileserver)

Hey Mia,

sorry for the late reply. The date shown on the info prompt is October 6, 2018.

Cheers,
Marc

1 Like

Allow me to forward this to our engineers. Thank you for sending the screenshots, @taner and @mpuels :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just a little more context around this – at least for me: Having this security warning PREVENTS me from using “3D mode” for google maps. An odd correlation in my opinion, but nonetheless that’s the situation :slight_smile:

Thanks for forwarding this info to the devs!

1 Like

Hello! Could you please try to remove Insync’s access and then login again on the app? That should fix the issue. :slight_smile: