GUI not loading, Windows10

After first downloading, GUI loaded and everything was fine. After restarting computer, I am receiving desktop notifications when files are changed/updated by others, but cannot load GUI for Insync. Have tried ending task and opening via Apps, running as administrator, etc.

Hi @brodericklewis, could you let me know what you mean by “cannot load GUI for Insync”? Are you able to click the Insync icon from the system tray (usually on the lower right where you see the battery and date/time)? Is it showing a blank screen? Or is the tray icon not visible?

Hi Mia,
Yes, I can click on the Insync icon. The cursor will buffer for a couple of seconds as if it is loading something, but the Insync window itself never opens. The app icon also does not appear in the toolbar or tray. It seems like it is running as a background process (it is visible in the task manager), but the main window is not visible.

Hi @brodericklewis, could you please try reinstalling Insync on your Windows 10 machine and let me know if the issue persists?

Hi Mia, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but didn’t seem to resolve issue; however, I was able to open the Insync window by finding the program in the “Show hidden icons” panel and clicking on the icon there. So I think this issue is resolved. Thanks

Hi @brodericklewis! Thank you for clarifying and apologies for misunderstanding your previous reply! I was under the assumption that “I can click on the Insync icon” meant that you could see it on the systray already.

Happy to hear this has been resolved. Can I help you with anything else? :slight_smile: