High harddisk activity 'Scanning for Changes' for every time Network Drive is found again

Hi. I bought Insync weeks ago because one of its features was the power of working smoothly with network drives.

I have a network drive(W:)shared by 3 PCs in my LAN network which I use Insync to backup/sync(W:) to my Google Drive in the cloud.

Yes, it pauses and reconnects to the network drive, unlike Google Drive which just reports that it’s missing and does not try to reconnect.
But every time it finds the network drive and reconnects, it take a very long time to scan for changes every single time. Even if no files are changed. My whole hard disk will have super high levels of activity which is a huge concern to me when it comes to harddisk lifespan.

I just want to ask - is this how Insync operates with network drives?
I have 30Gb of data in my Google Drive. And no, they are not large files like movies etc.

I will be tagging our engineer @dipesh and he will get back to you.

Hello @Kamtex

When the network drive is back, Insync looks for any changes that might have been done while it wasn’t available. This means it has to scan every file (to see if it has changed) in the network folders being sync’d via Insync. We will work on improving the resource-efficiency of this scan.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks

I have exactly the same issue. My harddisk is 100% ALL THE TIME due to insync activity on the .db files. The system gets extremely slow due to this anomalous behaviour.

Do you have any hint how to solve it?