How to correctly transfer to Drive File Stream?

Hello there, I have recently received this email from Google (see at the end). I am using Insync on my Mac and Google Drive on my Windows PC.

What is the correct way to react to the email from Google. Will Insync still work on my Mac? Shall I uninstall Google Drive on my Windows PC and install Drive File Stream?

Thank you, Pavel.

Hello Administrator,

You are receiving this communication because you have some users who are still using Drive for Mac/PC. When we launched Drive File Stream last year, we announced that the Drive desktop sync client for Mac and PC—a feature officially known as “Google Drive for Mac/PC”—would shut down completely on March 12th, 2018. In response to your feedback, we’re delaying that shutdown date to May 12th, 2018.

We encourage enterprise organizations still using Drive for Mac/PC to transition to Drive File Stream. For non-G Suite users, we recommend Backup and Sync. For more information on choosing the right sync solution for your users, check out this Help Center guide. If you don’t transition to Drive File Stream or Backup and Sync by May 12th, updates to files will stop syncing between your computer and Drive on that date.

IMPORTANT: This shutdown has no impact on other Google Drive services.

If you have additional questions or need assistance, please contact Google Support. When you call or submit your support case, please reference issue number 70862501.

Sincerely,

The G Suite Team

We understand the news about Google Backup and Sync and Drive Filestream and we want to clarify a couple of things in terms of how this is going to affect Insync.

The Google Drive app is going away soon but not Google Drive as storage, Backup and Sync and Filestream are just new tools provided by Google in order to access and sync your Google Drive.
We are planning a big version release soon that will help us address certain features of Backup and Sync and Filestream, we cannot give an ETA yet but we will be announcing the upcoming features very soon.

Hope this helps clear a couple of things out! We will create a forums post soon that will detail how these new Google tools will affect Insync. Thanks for your continued support :blush:

OK, great, thanks for the reply. So if I install Insync on all my machines, I should be fine, right?