How to disable selective sync?

Hi,

I recently reinstalled the OS (OpenSUSE Tumbleweed) on my laptop and thus reinstalled Insync, after linking my Google account I have to select which folders I want to sync (so called selective sync). I can’t remember ever having to do that and I see no way around it. I don’t want to sync just a few folders and files, I want to sync literally everything in my Google Drive. Is this possible? It used to be possible in the past.

Hey @pedrojuan!

Yes, it’s very possible. Open up the app, right click on the black space, and select Sync all items. :slight_smile: Hope this helps!

Cheers

Great! I already started getting my panties in a bunch, but this does indeed work!

However: I consider myself to be a fairly advanced computer user, and this had me searching for over an hour before I gave up. Maybe, UX-wise, this is not the best solution.

I propose that this gets explained during the onboarding procedure, where you get the little slideshow that explains some things. Or maybe even beter: let the user choose whether they want to use selective sync or not (thereby syncing everything by default).

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, @pedrojuan! We’ll definitely take it into consideration. :slight_smile: