You can set Insync to ignore syncing files by file type or file name using rules.
How to set up rules in the ignore list
- Hover over on your Google Account on the top bar and click on Settings.
- You will be able to see settings for other features, click on Ignore List.
- You can create rules based on the file you want to ignore. You may choose to ignore a file or folder name, file type, or by using glob syntax.
- After creating the rule, you can choose the behavior of that rule (Do not upload or download, Do not upload, Do not download, Remove from list).
- Click on Apply Changes located at the bottom of your app window after creating your Ignore List.
You can read more about how to use the Ignore List here.
*Note that the rules only apply for newly synced items.