How to install Insync in Chrome OS

I want to install Insync within Chrome OS. It was working really well when installed Insync 2, but with the newer version of Insync I can’t get to install it and make it run without any errors.

This is what I’m getting after installing Insync, and installing lsb_release (after I installed Insync, I fot that this package was missing so installed).

I was recommended before to write sudo sysctl fs.inotify.max_user_watches=1048576, but I got sysctl: command not found'

Then I tried with

echo fs.inotify.max_user_watches=524288 | sudo tee -a /etc/sysctl.conf && sudo sysctl -p
fs.inotify.max_user_watches=524288

And I got sysctl: permission denied on key 'fs.inotify.max_user_watches'

I don’t know what else to do to fix this. I will really appreciate if someone could help me.

Just to clarify, Chrome OS uses Debian Stretch.

Hi there, can you clarify if the command you run contains the correct build for Stretch? https://kmyers.me/blog/chromeos/google-drive-sync-in-a-chromeos-crostini-container-with-insynchq/

Hi, the link to the Guide of how to install Insync on ChromeOS was fine when we were installing Insync 2, but with the new update of Insync Insync 3 there is no way of installing Insync without errors. It actually installs, and you can actually use it, but you got all those errors you can see on the picture I attached.

And yes, I’m using the Stretch deb file to install

Hi @MarcoLetona

Can you send us the output for cat /etc/sysctl.conf? Thanks!