Huge mess in headless upgrade

Hi,

I come from version 1.x. I’ve see that it is so obsolete so I’ve upgraded to V 3, but I need headless version, so I had installed but today I got a “No subscription”. Ok let’s bought one…

I had installed headless version 3.2.4.10732. then refresh licenses, license ok but some folders do not apear as “selective sync”, Added then saved and finally exit from ncurses sync configuration utility.

Since then, I can do nothing with insync-headless. Every time it said that it is not running.
I tried to stop, start, update (now I’m in 3.2.5.10740) but still having same message. “Insync doesn’t seem to be running. Start it first.” But if I check with ps command, the service sill running…

Going to .config/Insync-headless directory, if I do a tail out.txt, I got this lines:

INFO     2022-08-23 15:00:18,762 [mainlogs:_log_run:139] Core(app_version=3.2.5.10740, platform=Linux-x86_64-ubuntu/18.04) initialized
WARNING  2022-08-23 15:00:18,789 [base_events:_run_once:1771] Executing <Task pending coro=<init() running at ideskcore/core.py:28> wait_for=<Task pending coro=<SettingsMain._load_settings() running at ideskcore/mainsettings.py:186> cb=[_log_tb_after_delay() at ideskasync/coreloop.py:302, <TaskWakeupMethWrapper object at 0x7f86224408e8>()] created at ideskcore/mainsettings.py:160> cb=[_log_tb_after_delay() at ideskasync/coreloop.py:302, _chain_future.<locals>._call_set_state() at asyncio/futures.py:355] created at asyncio/events.py:88> took 3.305 seconds
WARNING  2022-08-23 15:00:19,799 [base_events:_run_once:1771] Executing <Task finished coro=<SettingsMain._load_settings() done, defined at ideskcore/mainsettings.py:186> result=None created at ideskcore/mainsettings.py:160> took 1.009 seconds

Looking for previous starts, the first error different than this is:

ideskdb.clientdb.DBLockedError: The database file is currently locked (SettingsDBInstaller). (in a pyhton exepction)

At this point I can’t delete everything and start again because I’ve unsynced files in both sides.

So I don’t know how to proceed.

@Manuel_Quinteiro So sorry for the trouble! I’ve reached out to our Linux engineer to get some assistance on this.

Hi @Manuel_Quinteiro

Have you restarted the server after upgrading to v3? If not, can you try restarting?

I’ve a more or less stabilized situation. Every single change that I do over selective_sync spends a lot of time and then get messages like no account, or excepions like
“TypeError: ‘NoneType’ object is not subscriptable
TypeError: ‘NoneType’ object is not subscriptable”, giving time it finally returns to work.

I do not reboot the system, is not easy to do that, it have several VMs and other services that I don’t want to reboot.

I’m doing slow because I have to unsync and sync again several directories, but doing.

the workflow is more or less like:

synced -> config_selective_syncs -> no account (loop) -> syncing -> synced…

It’s a bit frustrating.