Ignore list file? (.insyncignore)

Ignore list is a great feature but I need to “sync” my ignore list on multiple machines and that’s a headache. Maybe insync should support something like .gitignore (per folder)? Or maybe there should be an option to honor .gitignore files?

Either solution would be good

4 Likes

Thanks for the input! I’ll bring this up to our engineers. I personally think this is a great idea :slight_smile:

Hi @jaduenas, did this make it onto your roadmap? This is one of the main reasons I’m looking to switch from Google Drive.

Same question here. I have a case here that in some folders, I would like to ignore bin folders, but in some other folders, I would like to sync them.

+1 would be great to have it. :slight_smile:

Ignore lists with patterns is one of the main reason why I chose Insync and having it as .gitignore-like files would be even more awesome in some cases.

does this exist? does this exist now?

Fairly certain it exists in 1.5.7. Definitely exists in 3.0.25+. There’s an ignore tab under each account settings in the insync gui.

Edit; I just saw desire to sync ignore lists either through insync or synced ignore files. I don’t know if that’s possible. Apologies for wasting your time.