Ignore list not working (Windows)

I just installed insync today. The main feature I wanted it for was the ignore list, but after spending several hours allowing it to download a fresh copy of (some of) my drive folders, it now turns out that the ignore feature isn’t working for me.

I have node_modules in my ignore list:

After syncing is complete, I try creating a folder locally with the name node_modules, hoping that it will not get synced, but it is. And if I create a file within it, that too will be synced.

1 Like

tagging our engineer @dipesh and he will get back to you.

Hello Dan,

If an existing folder/file is renamed to an ignored name, it continues to sync. That screenshot suggests that the New Folder was renamed to node_modules. So initially, Insync uploaded the New Folder and subsequently renamed it to node_modules on Google Drive web.

If you would copy a folder named node_modules to anywhere underneath the Insync folder, it won’t get uploaded (as you’ve included it in the ignored list).

Thanks

Hi Dipesh,

Thanks for getting back to me. Your workaround seems to do the trick, many thanks! It would be helpful to put this in the notes somewhere (or better still fix it!! :wink: ), because I looked around in lots of places to find any info such as this and couldn’'t. It’s nice now that it does what I want though!!

All the best, and happy new year

Daniel