Incomplete Sync

It looks like InSync is not really reliable at backing up files without having to closely monitor what it does. Here is my issue:

One a Ubuntu server, I have a folder that contains a total of 17380 files. This folder is synced through Insync. I have a Mac at home with Insync, that is also syncing that folder.

The problem is that if I count the number of files on the Mac, there is only 17376 files. Whoops. 4 files are missing. I expected Insync to show me an error somehow. Nothing on the Mac, everything looks fine. So I went to the headless client and tried the following:

insync-headless get_status
SYNCED
insync-headless get_errors
None
insync-headless get_sync_progress
No syncing activities
insync-headless get_actions_required
None

So basically everything looks fine. So I ended up making a diff of all the files on both computers to understand what are the 4 missing files. After identifying, the 4 missing files, I can confirm that these files have NOT been uploaded. So the issue is on the Linux upload side rather than the Mac Download side.

I tried the following:

insync-headless get_file_status [the file that is not synced]
SYNCING

So I retried:

insync-headless get_status
SYNCED
insync-headless get_errors
None
insync-headless get_sync_progress
No syncing activities
insync-headless get_actions_required
None

So the Overall status is that everything is fine and synced but the truth is that 4 individual files are stuck in SYNCING mode forever. I tried to quit -> start insync, no changes.

Please let me know where I can upload the logs for you to debug, this is a serious critical issue that undermines the trust users can give into the product. Also, you should consider making human readable logs somewhere rather than SQLite based logs.

Thanks!

So, I Iooked at the logs, and saw nothing regarding the files or scanning. Any help?

@Guillaume_LACHAUD: Apologies for the trouble. Please send a copy of the folder ~/.config/Insync to support@insynchq.com for investigation. You can compress it before sending to save space. Please include the names of the files that weren’t synced as well. Thanks.