I’m running Ubuntu 14.04 with InSync to Google Drive.
I had accidently dragged a folder, call it Measurements, off my synced folder into my desktop. Before I discovered where the lost folder was, I restored the Measurements folder to my synced folder. I have access to the corresponding Google Drive folder but I am not the owner of Measurements.
All seemed well until I found out that
- I could not see my folder Measurements folder on my Google Drive web interface.
- Other users could see Measurements but not all files/folders underneath it.
- I can see all of Measurements files and folders from the computer that contains it.
- Google helped me restore Measurements on my web interface but it’s still missing data as seen from my Google web interface to my Google drive.
- Due to concerns I have about restoring data from Google Drive,
I therefore also keep continuous snapshots of my data via ZFS file system on Ubuntu and it’s saving me much worry!
However, I would really like to make this work as we need easy syncing.
- InSync shows that it’s syncing over 600,000 files and folders and this number is either not dropping or dropping very slowly. There are less than 5GB of data in Measurements folder (actually ~4GB) and InSync has been working on it for about one week with no end in sight.
- How do I fix this? I’m afraid if I try to delete and restore the folder, I’ll just be back to square 1.