Insync 1.4 openSUSE won't install

None of the packages under Fedora/openSUSE would install on openSUSE 42.3 (the current version of openSUSE) because they all require a newer version of glibc than is provided in openSUSE. I was able to install the CentOS/RHEL7 version of the package but the application will not start.

Can we please get an actual openSUSE build of Insync?

Opensuse 42.3 uses glibc 2.22.x. The Fedora 23 .rpms that were provided in the past (insync 1.3.x) used to work. Unfortunately, these are not provided for insync 1.4 anymore, and I could not find a place to download the older versions.

Tagging our engineers @beatobongco and @jimperio

@roncterry @robar We’re sorry for this inconvenience. We are considering focusing our Linux distro support on the most recent versions, because we don’t have the manpower to test extensively on many distros.

However, we should be able to at least in this case create .rpms on older versions of Fedora to enable compatibility with openSUSE 42.3. Please expect such .rpms in the next Insync version.

@roncterry @robar Could you please in the meantime try these builds and let us know if they work for you?

Insync: 64-bit, 32-bit

Insync headless: 64-bit, 32-bit

The 64bit version does install and the app does run on openSUSE Leap 42.3.

As and FYI, the next version of openSUSE Leap (which will be version 15) is schedule to be released in May. That version will have a new enough version of glibc that the other packages should work. Until then openSUSE Leap 42.3 is the latest version of openSUSE. There is a rolling version of openSUSE named Tumbleweed that gets updates weekly (it is a rolling distro after all) however Tumbleweed would not be considered a “stable” version of openSUSE. I would strongly suggest that you consider the current version of openSUSE Leap the “current version of openSUSE” and test against it accordingly. OpenSUSE Leap is reved about once every 1-1.5 years so you shouldn’t have to test against “older distributions” for much longer than that.

@jimperio Thanks for the help. The 64-bit version works for me too (openSUSE Leap 42.3).

I fully agree to the words of @roncterry: At least the current version should be supported and maybe the one before for a few weeks or months.

@roncterry @robar We hear you and thanks for the feedback. We agree and will be sure to test against openSUSE 42.3.