Insync 3.8.6.50504-kinetic does not work on (K)UBUNTU 23.10 with X11 graphics

Insync 3.8.6.50504-kinetic does not work on (K)UBUNTU 23.10 with X11 (Xorg) graphics.
MESA-LOADER looking for ‘nouveau_dri.so’ ‘swrast_dri.so’ with are not available on (K)UBUNTU …

See Insync log file for deatails…

with ‘Plasma Wayland’ graphics getting the same errors but working:

Using Wayland-EGL
libEGL warning: MESA-LOADER: failed to open nouveau: /usr/lib/dri/nouveau_dri.so: kan gedeeld objectbestand niet openen: Bestand of map bestaat niet (search paths /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri:\$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri, suffix _dri)

libEGL warning: MESA-LOADER: failed to open swrast: /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so: kan gedeeld objectbestand niet openen: Bestand of map bestaat niet (search paths /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri:\$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri, suffix _dri)

failed to initialize EGL display
WebEngineContext used before QtWebEngine::initialize() or OpenGL context creation failed.
Using the 'xdg-shell' shell integration
qt.qpa.wayland: Wayland does not support QWindow::requestActivate()

Thank you for sending the details, and apologies for the trouble! Let me check this with our Linux Team and I’ll get back to you as soon as I know more.

1 Like

Apologies for the delay, @Andre_Verwijs! Our Linux engineer had to take some time off and is catching up with work this week. I’ll follow this up with him.

We appreciate your patience and understanding!

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile: :slight_smile: I hope something is done with my bug report …

1 Like

Hi @Andre_Verwijs

Can you try updating your /etc/sources.list.d/insync.list, replace kinetic with mantic, and re-install Insync?

@Andre_Verwijs Hi! Just checking if you were able to try our engineer’s solution!