Insync 3 problem with junction point on Windows

Hello!

I upgraded to Insync 3 and all my junction points using a UNC path to network shares were moved to “New folder” folders on Google Drive. Distant files on the server were uploaded in these “New folder” folders and deleted from my server.

So I stopped Insync, downloaded these files back from these “New folder” folders that were created on Google Drive (several GB) and put all of them back on the server. Fortunately, I recovered everything.

Now, I am not very confident that I can or should use junction points anymore.

Any advice?

Any news?

I’m reverting back to version 1.5 in the mean time…

Hi Eric,

Please do revert to the 1.5 version in the meantime as we are still developing support for this in Insync 3. So sorry for the late response.

any news on Junction support for Insync 3?

Hi,

Any news about it. I’m trying to sync a drive folder in a network drive but, after create the folder and download the files, Insync it shows the error “base folder is missing”

Hi @jmtorres,

Could you walk me through the step-by-step when you were trying to sync a drive folder in a network drive? I’ll send this to our engineers and confirm our plans re: junction point support.

Hi again, @jmtorres!

It seems like you’ve selected the network drive as your sync folder, and possible fluctuations may lead to the “base folder is missing” error.

Could you let me know if Insync detects it shortly after it gets back automatically, or when you retry? Furthermore, what’s your Insync version?

Hi,

It was my fault. After some tests, I saw that the network was connected to a local WSL2 system.
I inspected Insync logs and found an error with ReadDirectoryChangesW() which returns “Incorrect function”. That happens because that functions isn’t supported currently:

Maybe some day.
Sorry for the inconvenience

1 Like

I see, thank you so much for letting us know. :slight_smile: