Insync continuous disk writes - no sync

Insync is continuously writing data to disk - despite no sync taking place at all. 30 minutes after launch and it has already written 1.2 GB of data. After a long day it could easily go up to 15 GB of data written to disk while there being absolutely no synchronization going on at all. What could be causing this issue?

I’m using the latest available Linux version in Fedora 33.

Hi! This is Mara from Insync Support.

Thanks for the report! Can you clarify with us the following questions:

• What you mean by “data”? Are these your logs?
  • Do you see any errors on your Activity or Conflict Feed?
  • Is your app in a “Scanning” state?
  • Are you on version 3.3.5?

We’ll wait for your feedback!

• See attached image. It has written as much data into the disk as Firefox even though it has barely been in an active state all day long.

• There are no errors.
  • The app is not in a “scanning” state.
  • I am using the latest available version from your Fedora repo, and at the time it is version 3.3.4.

Thanks for these details!

Kindly send support@insynchq.com 2 sets of your log files with a 10-min interval from each set. Please refrain from doing any activity between the sets so your logs can focus on the bug.

I sent out the logs on February 7th. Haven’t heard back. Did you get them?

Hi!

We might not have gotten your email. Are you on 3.3.6 now and still experiencing this? If yes, please resend your log files to us at support@insynchq.com and my email (mara@insynchq.com) so I can make sure that we got it! :slight_smile:

Thank you!

insync doesn’t work at all :-/

Hi! Can you confirm if you’re on 3.3.7? You can check by clicking the 3 dots on the upper right of your Insync app. A dropdown list should appear with the Insync version at the bottom.

hi. I have v3.3.7.40937

Can you try expanding the three folders showing the blue badges, and let me know if it changes to a green check after a few minutes?

this is how I have them for 2 weeks and nothing has changed. if I make a change on any file (even on one that is green), it will be transferred to gdrive after a few hours if it is transferred at all: - /
Another problem is that insync uploads files at a speed of about 6-7kB / s (!) mega uploads at a speed of about 2MB / s. I have an internet connection of 300MB / s

I see. Do you have symlinks or temporary files (being constantly changed) in any of those foldrs with a blue sync badge?

Please also send your logs.db and out.txt files to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post?

No. i have ignore rules: ., Cache, cache, Thumbs, thumbs*.
I will send that mail. thank you

1 Like