[FIXED] InSync crashing when "open window app" is selected in tray button (Debian 11)

Doesn’t seem like it. My error is pretty much like this one, insync will load into the tray but will crash if I try to open it. I’m using the insync repo (http://yum.insync.io/opensuse-tumbleweed/rolling/) but it’s still at 3.7.0.

@klm Gotcha, will update you once I have more info from our team :slight_smile:

@klm Btw, could you run insync start --no-daemon and send the output either here or via email (support@insynchq.com)? Thanks :slight_smile:

Hi Mia. I can confirm that insync_3.7.8.50362-focal_amd64.deb works fine on Debian 11 Bullseye

1 Like

Sure, I’ve replied via email.

Hey all,

For those of you experiencing the crashing issue on Ubuntu/PopOS/ElementaryOS, please give this version a try: New Insync version: 3.7.9

For Debian 11 users, please do check out the same forums post above – we have updated it with the Bullseye build :slight_smile: Thank you!

I’ve just test insync_3.7.9.50368-bullseye_amd64.deb on Debian Sid/Unstable and the interface still crashes.

I will email the log files.

Thank you for trying it out for us, @finotti and for sending the log files.

I’m running v3.7.9-50368 on Debian 11 and it is doing just fine. No crashes.

It was installed with apt.

Thank you very much @jander for the feedback!

Ubuntu 18.04 got fixed by 3.7.9 from PPA.

1 Like

3.7.9 working in OpenSUSE Tumbleweed also.

2 Likes

Appreciate all your updates re: 3.7.9!!

I’m still having this issue using 3.7.9.50368. I’m using Debian Testing with Gnome3 (Nautilus). I tried a number of different packages, and was finally able to get it working with the Ubuntu-focal package (3.7.9).

Hey @OblateSpheroid! We’d be happy to check this out for you since this might be a different issue from the Debian Bullseye crashing issue.

Could you please send your logs.db and out.txt files to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post? Please also send us the output of the following commands:

• lsb release -c
  • apt-cache policy insync

I’m also having this issue using 3.7.9.50368. I’m using Debian Testing with Gnome3 (Nautilus).

Hi @Anthony_Hawkins! Could you share the output of apt-cache policy insync and lsb_release -c?

It’s working just fine for me, with Debian 11, Insync 3.7.9.50368. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes, here the issue is fixed.

1 Like