[FIXED] InSync crashing when "open window app" is selected in tray button (Debian 11)

The newer builds still crash in Debian 11.
Version 3.7.6 working fine.

1 Like

@jander @spyrostheodoridis Thank you for the feedback and my apologies for the persistent issue on 3.7.8.

Could you please email your logs.db and out.txt files to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post, if you have not? We will look into the crashing issues so we can line up a permanent fix for it.

Hello! For Debian 11 (Bullseye) users who tried the v3.7.8, could you please download this again? https://www.insynchq.com/downloads

For reference, the previous release I posted provided a Buster build instead of Bullseye, and this might be a factor as to why some users have reported that it’s not working as expected. We truly apologize for overlooking this detail.

Let us know how it goes! @jander @finotti

I got insync_3.7.8.50362-focal_amd64.deb from here and it is working fine on Debian 11. The packages for xenial and bionic still crash.

I didn’t send the logs… Where can I find logs.db and out.txt? If they still matter I’ll be happy to help.

Anyway, the issue seems to be solved.

Can we get an rpm to test this? I’m on opensuse tumbleweed.

1 Like

Hi @klm,

I’ll raise this to our engineer. Is it related to openSUSE Leap 15.4 Support by any chance?

Hi @jander,

You may still send your logs.db and out.txt files. Apologies for not including this in the previous replies; the logs can be found in ~/.config/Insync.

Doesn’t seem like it. My error is pretty much like this one, insync will load into the tray but will crash if I try to open it. I’m using the insync repo (http://yum.insync.io/opensuse-tumbleweed/rolling/) but it’s still at 3.7.0.

@klm Gotcha, will update you once I have more info from our team :slight_smile:

@klm Btw, could you run insync start --no-daemon and send the output either here or via email (support@insynchq.com)? Thanks :slight_smile:

Hi Mia. I can confirm that insync_3.7.8.50362-focal_amd64.deb works fine on Debian 11 Bullseye

1 Like

Sure, I’ve replied via email.

Hey all,

For those of you experiencing the crashing issue on Ubuntu/PopOS/ElementaryOS, please give this version a try: New Insync version: 3.7.9

For Debian 11 users, please do check out the same forums post above – we have updated it with the Bullseye build :slight_smile: Thank you!

I’ve just test insync_3.7.9.50368-bullseye_amd64.deb on Debian Sid/Unstable and the interface still crashes.

I will email the log files.

Thank you for trying it out for us, @finotti and for sending the log files.

I’m running v3.7.9-50368 on Debian 11 and it is doing just fine. No crashes.

It was installed with apt.

Thank you very much @jander for the feedback!

Ubuntu 18.04 got fixed by 3.7.9 from PPA.

1 Like

3.7.9 working in OpenSUSE Tumbleweed also.

2 Likes