Insync does not properly updating new files

Say that, I have worked on a file on my Win 10 PC and it synced properly to my GDrive. I would later continue the work on my laptop that day and I also deleted some files on the work folder that I don’t need. Then I let the files sync to my GDrive so I expect it would sync to my PC later.

But what actually happened is the other way around – when I return to my PC, instead of picking up new changes from GDrive, Insync actually attempting to upload old files on my PC to GDrive, replacing new changes I did on my laptop. It was fortunate that I made a backup somewhere else. But this is not the ‘seamless sync’ experience that I’m expecting.

I read a lot of problems with this new version of Insync on this forum. It’s giving me an impression this version is not quite ready for public release yet. Could anyone hook me up with download link for previous version? If not probably I would return to my Syncthing setup.

1 Like

I also had some syncing problems with version 3 but it seems they’ve been fixed in the latest release 3.0.21.40435 today.
I also tested your scenario using an Android smartphone and Linux desktop (working on both Google Drive website and my local folder) without any problems.
Thanks to the developers! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Ran, are you on the latest version?

Confirming. The problem with 3.0.22.40446 (Linux) is exactly the same - no new files are synced (when a file is synced from a device to cloud, on another device Insync doesn’t copy that file).

Confirming.
Hello.
At work, I made a change in the file, everything was synchronized, I checked in gdrive.
At home, with the previous version (3.x.x), when you turn on the computer, the file was overwritten by the old version immediately into the cloud and the changes disappeared. Miraculously restored via gdrive. This is not the first time and I think this is a very serious problem.

On two computers - debian buster

1 Like