Insync doesn't start on Fedora 33 Xfce

Insync 3.3.2 won’t start on a fresh install of Fedora 33 Desktop Xfce spin.

cat ~/.config/Insync/out.txt
qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
Available platform plugins are: eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, vnc, wayland-egl, wayland, wayland-xcomposite-egl, wayland-xcomposite-glx, webgl, xcb.

Thanks to this thread, I was able to get insync working on Fedora 33 Xfce spin.

sudo dnf install xcb-util-renderutil xcb-util-image xcb-util-keysyms xcb-util-wm libxkbcommon-x11

Now it starts.

1 Like

@insync these libraries should be requirements in your rpm.

Hi @Greg_Sheremeta, I believe you have sorted this out based on your post here? Let us know if you need further assistance!

I was able to get it running.

However, Insync should fix the rpm to include xcb-util-renderutil xcb-util-image xcb-util-keysyms xcb-util-wm libxkbcommon-x11 as dependencies. Users shouldn’t have to hunt down missing dependencies. See “Depends” at https://rpm.org/user_doc/dependencies.html

1 Like

I’ll bring this up with our Linux team, @Greg_Sheremeta. Thank you so much!

@mia lol don’t rush to bring this up with the devs… are you f kidding your customers?
effing seriously this BUG still exist, on fresh install of Fedora and your s/ware crashefd like mofo not only because this bug, mainly , I assume , you never let know the devs about the solution above, get pls some life, are you working for free there??

Hello @csynt, the fix to this issue was discussed in Insync beta 3.0.8 not working on Xubuntu

Thank you for your kindness and understanding :slight_smile: