Insync fails to login to Google Drive

I just upgraded my distro in linux. I was using Mageia 8 and just installed Mageia 9.
In the past I used the Fedora rpms to install insync.
I have now tried the Fedora FC34, FC36, and FC37. I cannot login
If I use the “alternate login” procedure it fails with the following message when I copy the code as directed:
Unexpected error Curl error(77, error setting certificate, verify locations.

any help would be appreciated. I have had a license for many years and would like to get insync installed in the new distro.
Thank you

Hi! Could you send your logs.db and out.txt to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post?

Those 2 files should be in ~/.config/Insync. Thank you!

I sent everything as requested.
further info: I tried again from the insync app and was able to log into Google and give permission to allow insync to access my drive. I was then redirected to insync and everything hung there with the message:
" Connecting to Insync…"
Nothing happens, no connection. This is using Waterfox browser, Firefox, and Konqueror.

1 Like

Hello! I received it, thank you very much! I’ve forwarded the information to our engineer and will check how to address the certificates issue you found upon further digging.

Thank you for your patience!

I have exactly the same problem

Hi, my error showed that Insync could not find the file ca-certificates.crt at the location /etc/ssl
That file was not on my distro which I had just upgraded (Magiea 8 to Mageia9). I locate the file from the prior version and copied it into /etc/ssl
Once I had done that I was able to log in.
If that is also your issue, then you may able to locate the file somewhere on your system and put it into the required location.
I hope this helps you

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll try and locate the file

If you cannot locate a copy and are willing to try, I am willing to email you a copy of the file I used.

Thank you very much.
I am new to the forum and I am trying to figure out how to send you a private message with my email address (I don’t want it to be visible on the forum)

Left click on your avatar on the upper right, and at the top of the drop down are small icons. One is an icon of an envelope and that will get you to “messages” and you can create a private message.