Insync for Android?

I know there was an Android Insync app. What’s happened to this? I’ve been looking for it but to no avail…

I want to annotate PDFs on my mobile which are then synched to google drive. How are others achieving this?

Thanks

Steve

1 Like

I was searching insync app too, today, but I haven’t found it… Where is it?

Hi guys, we temporarily took down our Insync mobile apps to focus on our desktop apps.

Will it come back in time?? And how long will it be down then?

Hello!

I would also be interested in an Android Insync app. Specifically, Google’s client has the problem that, if I don’t edit native Google documents, like Google Docs, the synching doesn’t work properly. I have to download the thing, then edit it and then upload it again. I was wondering if a proper synch (for selected folders) might be possible at some point in the future.

Thanks,
Jana

PS: Great work on this piece of software. It really helps a lot to be able to use it on linux.

Need the app to edit docs on the mobile where is the app

Same deal. We run multiple businesses and have need of apps for Apple and Android devices. Much of our in-the-field work depends upon being able to access info on multiple Google Docs accounts.

So, Incync folks, please do reinstate your apps–it would be hugely appreciated. We’d even be willing to pay a tad more for the service/convenience!

I don’t understand - Google Drive for Mobile works wonderfully with multiple accounts, including offline access to files - I use it all the time for that purpose. When InSync was supporting their Android app, I tried it once and deleted it - Google’s app was better for that purpose.

For the desktop, InSync is better for multiple reasons (multiple account support, Linux support).

1 Like

I use the paid version of foldersync for my android devices (rooted) and have had no issues with it. I’ve tried another one that was good but ended up with some missing files which may or may not have been my fault, as I was still getting to know how these apps function. I’ve been interested in insync for a while because of the dual boot setup I have on my pc and no official google client for linux. Reason I’m saying is that I’m also interested in the Insync android app. It would be nice to have a unified service across all operating systems. Less worry about things mysteriously vanishing due to multiple apps managing a single file system. Anyways, the reason I came today is that I’m ready to finally uninstall google and use insync as my primary pc sync app for both my OSs. I’ll keep a lookout for the android app since I haven’t really let insync do it’s thing since I purchased it out of worry of the multiple apps thing. I hate the Google Drive android app and use MiXplorer FM instead which is still beta but by far the best file manager for android.

Hi, what about insync app for android?

Hey @josmel,

Currently, we don’t have an Insync app for Android. :slight_smile:

Hi, do you have any plans to release an Android version / integration? If not can you recommend any software to sync to Android from Google Drive? Thank you

Hello, an Android version is not yet in the pipeline. Most users do resort to the Google Drive mobile app; but I would be happy to forward this inquiry as a feature request.

please do, request this feature. This may work better than running as a Chromebox “linux app”! :grinning:

1 Like

In the meantime, you could use syncthing.

I’m using Obsidian on my (Android) phone which requires all files to be within the filesystem, what Google Drive does not do. Syncthing keeps a subtree of my Google Drive folder from my laptop in sync with my phone. Insync keeps my Google Drive folder in sync with my Google Drive in the cloud. This works really fine in my use case.

And honestly, why would you want a complete copy of your Google Drive on your phone? Does it even have enough disk space? In my case, it would not.