Insync-headless 3 hung and no accounts

We’re having a strange issue where we start insync-headless and it seems to hang right away. The process appears to be running from htop, but the status is “no accounts added”. There are a large number of files to be synced, perhaps it’s hung?

We just upgraded to version 3 in an attempt to fix this issue from 1.5.x

$ insync-headless status
No accounts added yet. See insync-headless account add --help.

$ insync-headless error list
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "insync-headless.py", line 19, in <module>
  File "site-packages/click/core.py", line 829, in __call__
  File "site-packages/click/core.py", line 782, in main
  File "site-packages/click/core.py", line 1259, in invoke
  File "site-packages/click/core.py", line 1259, in invoke
  File "site-packages/click/core.py", line 1066, in invoke
  File "site-packages/click/core.py", line 610, in invoke
  File "ideskheadless/cli.py", line 424, in list_errors
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

Is this because it’s checking the file differences in Google drive verses what’s saved locally?

We have some files that got downloaded but we want to actually ignore the folder. Should I delete them from the local drive to resolve the conflict? (all the resolution options seem to want to remove it from drive)

Hi @integration_integrat!

My apologies for the trouble! Could you please run insync-headless start --no-daemon and send the output here?

Could you also confirm if you were able to acquire a new subscription for Insync 3-headless? For reference, this version requires either a Home or Office subscription; the 1.5.x licenses are not supported.

We’ll do that if we have issues again.

We likely resolved this by removing a large portion of files (>100GB) locally and in google drive and then slowly checking things to be synced in the selective-sync menu

1 Like

@integration_integrat I see! Feel free to reach out if anything else comes up. Have a good weekend!