Insync icon animation

In earlier versions of Insync the icon had subtle animations when sync was in progress, and when everything was up to date.

The Insync indicator icon now is static. Is there anyway I can get it to animate again?

(Note, posted this in issues, not in feature requests, because this used to be standard functionality.)

@rahi: It was removed to make it cleaner and less distracting. We’re currently discussing if we should reimplement the animation for the new version.

The animation was very useful. At a glance you could tell if your files were up to date or if something is still downloading. The indicator, in other words, was indicating something. Please bring it back.

1 Like

@rahi: When Insync is performing syncing activities the tray icon should change to the blue circle with clockwise directed arrows. It’s the first one on this page: Insync badges guide. It’s not animated anymore but it still indicates that a syncing activity is currently processing. Is this not happening in your case?

@lpugoy That’s not happening in my case. The indicator icon remains static regardless of what’s happening in the folders.

The Nautilus file manager icons seem to change when something is syncing, but the indicator only have one icon, the one I attached earlier.

@rahi: I see. Are you running the latest version? You can get it from www.insynchq.com/downloads. Also what Linux version and distribution are you using, and what desktop environment?

@lpugoy I’m running 1.3.11 on Ubuntu 16.04.

Note, when I click the Insync indicator icon, the other icon that shows up changes depending on what’s happening in Google Drive.

But the indicator icon itself is static.

@rahi: I see. What desktop environment are you using? It doesn’t seem to be Unity, which is Ubuntu’s default.

@lpugoy I’m using Unity. Just using a theme to make it look a little different.

@rahi: Ah. What theme are you using then? It works in my test using the default theme.

@lpugoy, False alarm, I should have checked. The Insync indicator icon works perfectly in Ubuntu’s default icon set. Thank you for checking.

FYI, the icon theme I was using comes from the Paper project.