Insync is not syncing

@Mark_Faine @yltang Please send us your logs.db and out.txt file to support@insynchq.com.

Also, please include the link of this post. Thank you.

:smile:

I had already wasted too much time on it. I just deleted the folders and resyncd it all since I’d lost a day on it already anyway. It’s a shame that I had to resort to that, and that that seems to be the fastest and sometimes only way to fix most insync problems… I looked at the logs.db before resyncing and it did appear to be some sort of database corruption issue, I don’t doubt that would have been your advice anyway.

I have equal problem.
With LinuxMint 17 KDE (Ubuntu 14.04) and Insync 1.2.9.35139.
Weare can I send my logs.db file?

Sorrry for my very bad English.

Same problem debian jessie, this is the output in ~/.config/Insync/out.txt

ImportError: /usr/lib/insync/PySide.QtGui.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 6, in
File “main.py”, line 128, in
File “main__insync.py”, line 164, in
File “main__insync.py”, line 30, in main
File “PySide/QtGui.py”, line 26, in
File “PySide/QtGui.py”, line 17, in _bbfreeze_import_dynamic_module

I already tried downloading the 32bit deb and replace /usr/lib/insync/PySide.QtGui.so but it does not work.
I am so tired of so many errors on insync, wish google launch the linux version asap, will be the first to migrate

In my notebook Insync icon still freeze in “update mode”, but it didn’t sync anything.

Xubuntu 14.04 64Bits + Insync 1.2.9.35139

I have the same problem with ubuntu 14.04

This is my log file. Insync is not syncing
IBusInputContext::createInputContext: no connection to ibus-daemon
ICE default IO error handler doing an exit(), pid = 3544, errno = 11
Bus::open: Can not get ibus-daemon’s address.

Same problem here.

Tried the following solution:

• stopped sync
  • removed my account from Insync
  • checked if any config files were left --> none
  • backup of Google Drive folder on another drive
  • deleted Google Drive folder that Insync used
  • reinstalled Insync, set up account and folder
    –> Insync correctly downloaded all files overnight
  • shutdown computer this morning and used it at work (oflline) over the day
  • started computer and connected to Wifi at home this evening
    –> same problem again = heavy HDD activity and blue syncing symbol but no sync

What now?

Same here. Mac OS X 10.10.3, Insync 1.2.9. It started with the update to 1.2.8 originally. 1.2.7 was working well.

The problem is only with my iMac. My Macbook Pro syncs without problem (same OS, same version of Insync).

Insync 1.2.10 solved the problem :slight_smile:
Thanks for the quick fix!

Same problem on MAC. Same problem on MAC. I install Insync for sync my google drive with a folder on a Apple Time Capsule. the first time it says 248884 files remaining and it doesn’'t sync anything. I uninstall insync, I delete the folder in /application support/ and I reinstall Insync, and it’s the same. What could I do ?

@Philippe_C1 Please send us your logs.db and out.txt file to support@insynchq.com

Include the link of this post. Thank you.

i have the same issue

Hi @Nauman_Maan are you on Insync 1.2.10?

I am using 1.2.11 and i think its latest one. I had to delete one of my 3 accounts that was causing issue and then link the account again, it fixed teh issue but i had to spend whole weekend to sync almost 300GB of my data again. because when i unlinked it kept the files of hard disk but linking again needed an empty folder ahain.

I’m so sorry to hear that, can you please send in your log files to support@insynchq.com and your OS so we can help you with this?

Hi everyone. This is for those like me that come across this thread and already envision hours of manual fixing of unsynced changes:

I had the same issue but the fix was the same thing I do every time Insync decides to somehow screw up again:

# insync-headless quit && insync-headless start

Then wait a few minutes.

I guess for those that run it via GUI a clean exit and start of Insync (preferably just a reboot of the system) should do the trick as well. If it doesn’t I am sorry, I have nothing more besides the already stated full resync into a clean folder.

Sigh, I probably have to drop Insync. Syncing software must be RELIABLE.

2 Likes

@Johan_E_Bengtsson My apologies for not being able to get back to you sooner. Please send us an email to support@insynchq.com. Please include your logs.db and out.txt file.
How to find the log files

Also, please tell us about your use-case.
Happy New Year!

This same procedure solved a similar problem using insync-portable on a Raspberry Pi running Raspbian. The command(s) is: insync-portable quit && insync-portable start Worked like a charm!

1 Like