Insync-nautilus seems to have stopped working after ubuntu upgrade

I noticed recently that Nautilus integration does not work for me anymore. I do not use this that often, so I do not know when it stopped working, but it might have something to do with the upgrade to Ubuntu 24 that I did in May.

If I remember correctly, I should see sync icons on folders and files in Nautilus, and insync should add additional context menu entries. I don’t see any of those.

I tried downloading insync-nautilus and reinstalling it again. Installation went without complication, but even after restarting my machine, I saw no icons or additional context menu entries.

Insync itself seems to still work super-duper in the background.

insync: 3.9.2.60014-noble
insync-nautilus: 3.8.2.50468

@Harald_Bittermann Hi! My apologies for the trouble. You’re right, if you have the insync-nautilus package installed, then you should see the green checks on your synced files locally.

Could you confirm a few things:

• Is it the same base folder location as the one shown on your app?
  • Could you check if you have the integration package installed? If not, please install and restart your file manager. If it’s already installed, please remove and reinstall, then restart Nautilus.

Thank you!

I have a similar issue. The hooks are there, however the icons are missing.

In case someone ever has the same issue:

It seems like the humanity theme overwrites the icons of the hicolor theme. Insync icons, however, are stored in hicolor. We can fix this by swaping the inheritance order in:
/usr/share/icons/Yaru/index.theme

to:
Inherits=hicolor,Humanity

All is working as expected now.

1 Like

Happy to hear this, @Yannik_Blei! Thank you for sharing what you did to get things back in order. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @Yannik_Blei. This really helped :slight_smile:

2 Likes