Insync no Running on Xubuntu 24.04 [SOLVED]

I have installed and attempted to run insync on a fresh xubuntu install (24.04).
I have followed the instruction from https://www.ubuntudocs.com/kb/insync-install-process/, adapting it to thunar instead of nautilus.
I get the exact same issue reported on Insync for Ubuntu 24.04
When trying to set up via CLI:
insync start
insync account add
I am getting the error message “Insync does not seem to be running. Start it first”. Same message for insync status.
This is confirmed by the task manager: starting start an insync process that stops aprox 4 seconds later.
I have attempted to upgrade to insync_3.9.2.60015-noble_amd64.deb with no improvement.

insync start --no-daemon returns
qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin “xcb” in “” even though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, vnc, wayland-egl, wayland, wayland-xcomposite-egl, wayland-xcomposite-glx, webgl, xcb.

Aborted (core dumped)

At this stage I am stuck as not an advanced Linux user.

Please advise on how to proceed.

Thanks

H.

Hi @Hat_Ittude,

Could you run these two commands and send the output here?
lsb_release -a
apt-cache policy insync

Thank you!

Hi Mia,

here it is

h@Lenovo-B50-30:~$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 24.04 LTS
Release: 24.04
Codename: noble
h@Lenovo-B50-30:~$ apt-cache policy insync
insync:
Installed: 3.9.2.60014-noble
Candidate: 3.9.2.60014-noble
Version table:
*** 3.9.2.60014-noble 500
500 http://apt.insync.io/ubuntu noble/non-free amd64 Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Mia,

PROBLEM SOLVED
today when I did apt -update then apt upgrade there was an update available for insync:
The following packages will be upgraded:

• insync*
    1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    Need to get 164 MB of archives.
    After this operation, 2,538 kB of additional disk space will be used.
    Get:1 http://apt.insync.io/ubuntu noble/non-free amd64 insync amd64 3.9.3.60018-noble [164 MB]
    *Fetched 164 MB in 42s (3,899 kB/s) *
    (Reading database … 226636 files and directories currently installed.)
    Preparing to unpack …/insync_3.9.3.60018-noble_amd64.deb …
    Unpacking insync (3.9.3.60018-noble) over (3.9.2.60014-noble) …
    Setting up insync (3.9.3.60018-noble) …
    OK
    Insync installation has finished. You may now start it.

I had tried yesterday and no update was available; I had also restarted the machine twice before I submitted the issue.
InSync is now starting and has allowed me to configure the location. It is now downloading my files.
Thank you for the fast reply to my query. Much appreciated as not common place from experience.

H.

1 Like

Thank you for the update, @Hat_Ittude! Please let me know if you bump into any further issues. :slight_smile: