Insync not working with Ubuntu Jammy (FIXED)

Hi @thiagodalsoto!

Could you please email support@insynchq.com with the screenshots of the error message that you come across when trying to change the destination? It sounds like this is a known issue that our team is looking into and I’d like to confirm so I can send you the necessary steps to get out of that locked state.

As for the pain point of not having a readily available build for the latest OS releases: I completely understand. I have raised this concern with our Product and Linux teams to assess ways on how we can improve our release processes.

@dennyi Hi!

Could you please send the exact steps you took and email them to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post? Screenshots would also be appreciated!

Please do include your logs.db and out.txt files which should be in ~/.config/Insync.

Information sent in the requested email

After thinking about it, and not seeing anyone else complaining about it, I installed on a Virtual 22.04 ubuntu, using the impish version, and it worked the way it should. Using the workaround mentioned above.

I had used the focal install on my laptop, and that was the one that had the problem.

So, I reinstalled my laptop using impish, and it is ok now.

1 Like

Thank you @dennyi for letting us know what workarounds you used to get Insync running on your machine :slight_smile:

This is interesting… normally we’d ask users to try the latest build available in our repositories when an upcoming Linux release is on its way. I’ve had a couple of users tell me that the Impish build wasn’t working, which could be a main driver to the continuous discussion here.

Regardless, thank you for the information!! I will keep this in mind when attending to similar reports. :slight_smile:

I used this workaround, found in this discussion:

Quote:
Andrei_Karneyenka
16d

Same error - KUbuntu 22.04 + Dell XPS 9510
The workaround is to remove libstdc++.so.6:

sudo mv /usr/lib/insync/./libstdc++.so.6 /usr/lib/insync/./libstdc++.so.6.bak

Insync starts and seems to be working fine. @mia - I hope this helps

1 Like

Thank you @dennyi! The same workaround has been shared to other Ubuntu users as well, thanks to this community. :slight_smile:

I am going to wait for an official fix rather than move a C++ standard library. Yikes

1 Like

For me insync is also not working on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS. If I start insync with

insync start --no-daemon

I get the following error:

Failed to create OpenGL context for format QSurfaceFormat(version 2.0, options QFlags<QSurfaceFormat::FormatOption>(), depthBufferSize 24, redBufferSize -1, greenBufferSize -1, blueBufferSize -1, alphaBufferSize -1, stencilBufferSize 8, samples 0, swapBehavior QSurfaceFormat::DefaultSwapBehavior, swapInterval 1, colorSpace QSurfaceFormat::DefaultColorSpace, profile  QSurfaceFormat::NoProfile) 
Fatal Python error: Aborted

Thread 0x00007f940b7fe640 (most recent call first):
  File "concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 78 in _worker
  File "threading.py", line 870 in run
  File "threading.py", line 926 in _bootstrap_inner
  File "threading.py", line 890 in _bootstrap

Thread 0x00007f940bfff640 (most recent call first):
  File "concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 78 in _worker

When there is an update of insync available?

I wasn’t the originator of this workaround. But, it does work.

I dont understand why there is no insync version compatible with a ubuntu LTS release, 8 days after oficial release. The ubuntu release cycle is well documented with a rasonable ammount of time before final release.

Moving a standard c++ standard library is not a solution, i need them for my work.

What is the planned release date of the version of insync without this bug?

tank you!

5 Likes

I have the same issue on official Kubuntu 22.04 LTS.

libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open iris: /usr/lib/dri/iris_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (search paths /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri:$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri, suffix _dri)
libGL error: failed to load driver: iris

Hello everyone, we from the engineering team apologize for the delay, and are working on getting the updated builds out and tested ASAP - within the week.

Hello everyone,

Apologies for the delay, here are the builds for:
Ubuntu 22.04 - https://d2t3ff60b2tol4.cloudfront.net/builds/insync_3.7.5.50350-jammy_amd64.deb
Fedora 36 - https://d2t3ff60b2tol4.cloudfront.net/builds/insync-3.7.5.50350-fc36.x86_64.rpm

Let us know if there are issues with these builds

Thank you!

5 Likes

Hi everyone, the builds are also available via repositories and our downloads page. Thank you all!

3 Likes

It is now working on my Ubuntu 22.04 Thanks!

It is working on my ubuntu 22.04 system too. The ppa is now available for jammy as well. Thanks for the good work.

I join in thanking you for the good work and the quick solution. Insync is working great on my Ubuntu 22.04.

On behalf of the Insync Team, I would like to thank all of you for your wonderful support and trust in us!

This version is also working on Pop OS 22.04
There is just one slight bug, if you install insync via .deb file.
It will create /etc/apt/sources.list.d/insync.list file where is deb http://apt.insync.io/ubuntu xenial non-free contrib source info.

So whenever you will update packages, it will downgrade insync to xenial (Ubuntu 16.04). SImple fix, just change xenial to jammy in that file and it works perfectly afterwards. Just pointing it out for devs, they might want to look at that.

And like everyone said, thank you for the quick fix of wayland compatibility, it works like a charm!

2 Likes