Insync not working with Ubuntu Jammy (FIXED)

@Andrei_Karneyenka @mia
I can also confirm this workaround allows the app to run on a few LG Gram test systems. Thank you.

1 Like

This same issue (and the workaround) applies to Fedora 36. It would be good if your Linux team was a little bit more proactive about this sort of thing. Generally both Fedora and Ubuntu put out releases in April and October. Betas typically go out a month in advance. Your Linux team should start testing as soon as the beta comes out.

2 Likes

Hi @reiscw,

Thank you for the feedback, I will send this to our Linux Team so we can line up improvements in our processes regarding updates and beta releases. :slight_smile:

Just piling on here in support for Ubuntu 22 support.

Perhaps when Ubuntu opens their betas, Insync could open the apt repos for that version, with the idea that its in beta and might not be stable yet. I think most users would be happy to try it out.

3 Likes

Thank you for the feedback and suggestion, @apockill :slight_smile: I will bring this up with our Linux Team.

Is there an ETA as to when my Insync will work on Ubuntu 22.04?

Hello, we are working on releasing the official build in an upcoming version release.

In the meantime, we suggest to use the workaround provided above. Thank you!

Also, I’m not sure if anyone else has this issue with trying to share from Nautilus, but when I use the “Share” option it causes the app to shut down (“View on the web” works fine).

In my case, the workaround works, but only if I am in a “ubuntu on xorg” session; i.e. not in Wayland. I am running 22.04 on a 2019 iMac, so the problem might be unique to Macs. However, I noted another post where the Insync icon wasn’t appearing in Wayland, but was OK in xorg. when running Plasma. Maybe the two are related?

Today I upgraded from Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS to Ubuntu 22.04 LTS and when adding the repository and installing Insync, this application doesn’t work. Below the error output:
~$ insync start --no-daemon
Warning: Ignoring XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland on Gnome. Use QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland to run on Wayland anyway.
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gio/modules/libgiognutls.so: undefined symbol: g_tls_channel_binding_error_quark
Failed to load module: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gio/modules/libgiognutls.so

(insync:31386): GLib-GIO-ERROR **: 18:19:11.217: Settings schema ‘org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.xsettings’ does not contain a key named ‘antialiasing’
Trace/breakpoint trap (core image recorded)

1 Like

Hello @fox and @wagnux ,

There is a known bug when running it on Wayland and this is an issue I’ve requested to be investigated further.

@area51pilot Could you quit Insync and Nautilus when that happens and try again, in case you haven’t? If the issue persists, please send your logs.db and out.txt to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post. The logs can be found in ~/.config/Insync.

Thank you :slight_smile:

I just upgraded to Ubuntu 22.04, and the above workaround stopped the crashing. But I’m now getting the wayland error along with a GLib-GIO-ERROR/core dump:

insync start --no-daemon
Warning: Ignoring XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland on Gnome. Use QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland to run on Wayland anyway.

(insync:7327): GLib-GIO-ERROR **: 22:18:30.560: Settings schema ‘org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.xsettings’ does not contain a key named ‘antialiasing’
Trace/breakpoint trap (core dumped)

your workaround worked for me also in OpenSuse Tumbleweed

Any updates for the build package Ubuntu 22.04 ?

@mia

See https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/-/issues/3680 for more on the antialiasing issue. The workaround in https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/-/issues/3680#note_1125035 in particular makes it run.

Looks like a gsettings value was deprecated somewhere along the way.

1 Like

@Robert Appreciate your input on this issue and for linking the relevant resources! Let me forward this to our Linux Team as well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have used the workaround, and it works now. About the app font being too small on my laptop, I have used this other hint:

Any solution to the problem of not being able to change the destination folder of files? because when clicking on change the insynq locks and closes, not being possible to change.

I’ve been using the web version of google drive for weeks, because Insync is out of use.

It’s not the first time I’ve noticed that you are waiting for the final LTS version to come out, to pay attention to the product, since it has been available for months for developers and users to test in their environments.

Attempting to set up an LSS sync hangs, and then closes the window.

thX! Works perfectly

1 Like