Insync on Plasma Wayland 5.18.3 on Archlinux not showing ui

Hi

i have this strange problem on Plasma (KDE) on Wayland in Archlinux. I can see the status icon in taskbar and it seems to synchronize fine but on double clicking the icon, I cannot see the UI. However, it works fine on Plasma X11. Can you please look into this?

Thanks and Regards
Amol Dandekar

Hi @Amol_Dandekar,

Can you let me know if running insync show launches the UI?

Hi, thanks for your reply.

No, insync show does not show the ui.

Regards
Amol

1 Like

I also see this error.

Launching with:
QT_QPA_PLATFORM=xcb insync start

works just fine, but not when using wayland

Hi!

Can you quit Insync then run insync start --qt-qpa-platform=xcb --no-daemon and let us know if it works?

If it doesn’t work, can you send us the output?

If it does work, you can modify ~/.config/autostart/insync.desktop and change Exec=insync start to Exec=insync start --qt-qpa-platform=xcb so that is will add that flag on startup.

Yes it is working now with the command you suggested. Thanks. I have changed the autostart entry.

Regards
Amol

1 Like

Is there any plan to make it run properly in wayland i.e without the flag?

2 Likes

Hello, any news please about making this work without the flag workaround?
I’m using KDE Neon with Plasma 5.21.
Thanks!

@Andrea_Ippolito it works fine in Wayland, though there was a release or two recently that this was broken and Inync defaulted back to the XCB backend so XWayland was used, I’m not sure why, but it’s usually working correctly as a native Wayland client. The last version I tested is 3.3.7, I haven’t updated yet to v3.3.8
The reason this is working is because that the developers added the missing Qt5 Wayland shell extensions.
You might need to set QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland, and to have proper hardware rendering of the UI you would need to remove the packaged EGL libs so the system ones (mesa) will be used.

1 Like

Thank you for the assist @tinywrkb! :slight_smile:

@Andrea_Ippolito in case the suggestion above doesn’t work for you, please let me know on this Forums thread!

Thanks to the both of you :slight_smile:
I just closed and re-opened the Insync window and it’s been fine since, no problem.

1 Like

@Andrea_Ippolito Awesome! Thank you too for the update :slight_smile: