Insync Prime Not Starting Properly on Windows 7 Pro x64

Greetings,

We’ve have Insync Prime installed on a Windows 7 Pro x64 machine. It’s been running without problem for months. However, sometime within the past week or two Insync has failed to automatically start after each reboot. Here’s what we’re seeing:

1. After the reboot, Insync doesn’t appear in the system tray.

2. After the reboot, Insync doesn’t appear in the File Explorer context menu.

3. Insync IS configured to start up automatically. A startup link is configured here:

C:\users%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Insync.lnk

this shortcut points to C:\Users\jeff\AppData\Roaming\Insync\App\Insync.exe

1. On another workstation where Insync does startup, I see these two Insync processes running (via the Windows Task Manager):

Insync.exe *32
    Insync-cef.exe *32

However, on the workstation where Insync fails to auto-start, I only see this one process:

Insync.exe *32

1. On the workstation where Insync fails to autostart, here’s what happens if I manually run Insync:

•I now see these processes:

Insync.exe *32
Insync.exe *32
Insync-cef.exe *32

•I now see Insync in the system tray, and files are now syncing.

•I now see Insync in the File Explorer’s context menu

Please help us get this fixed – we need Insync to automatically start up reliably!

hi @Jeff, please send your log files to support@insynchq.com for investigation :slight_smile:

tagging our engineer @dipesh

I found the log file:

C:\Users\jeff\AppData\Roaming\Insync\logs.db

Does this file contain any of my usernames / passwords?

Also, is this file locked while Insync is running? Can I just make a copy while Insync is running?

Hello @Jeff

logs.db, out.txt and cef_out.txt do not contain any passwords. They do however contain the email address that you are using with Insync. Please include cef_out.txt and out.txt in your email too.

Also, request you to simply try re-installing Insync over the existing installation to see if it fixes the issue.

Thanks

Logs sent via email.

After capturing the logs, I reinstalled Insync as you instructed. Next, rebooted this workstation. Insync DID automatically restart. I will continue to monitor this workstation for the next few days and report back if there is a problem.

1 Like

Hi Dipesh,

Sadly, after last night’s reboot, Insync failed again to automatically restart. Please examine the logs I emailed you and let me know what I need to do next to fix this.

Regards, Jeff