Insync Severely Slows Windows Explorer

Summary: With Insync Pro stated the behaviour of Windows Explorer is negatively affected. Making the whole computer difficult and awkward to use

Details
After a 5 month plus absence I am again trying to use Insync to sync between my local computer and Google Drive host.

In this re-testing phase am manually starting Insync like this every time i.e. it is not autostarted

cd C:\Users\mbennett\AppData\Roaming\Insync\App
.\insync --max-conns 10 --skip-local-scan

Software Levels

Insync 1.3.6.36076
Windows Explorer 6.3.9600 18231

The Behaviours

• When a window with even a few files is opened in Explorer and icon view is selected a LONG period of seconds occurs before the filenames are translated into the Extra Large Icons View

• At the top of the Explorer window is the Quick Access toolbar, then below that the Menu Bar and below that the Ribbon. When the ViewMenu button is selected then the different file viewing options e.g Extra Large Icons, Small Icons Tiles etc in the Ribbon can be grayed out for several seconds e.g. > 10 before eventually becoming selectable

• The total Item count at the bottom of the screen is often wrong. Seems to lag multiple seconds behind a directory load. So when switching between different directories, the number is basic garbage and misleading.

When I start Insync in the above manner the problem starts

When I kill the Insync process, no reboot is required, the behaviour disappears.

More Behaviours

• When I create a directory OUTSIDE of the Insync interest area it is AGONISINGLY SLOW. Practical example: Insync is monitoring and trying to sync g:\gdrive . I am creating a directory under X:\dropbox. Explorer literally hangs for > 5 seconds.

Will be tagging our engineer @dipesh in this issue as well and he will get back to you.

Thank you.

I have the same problem too. Even the right-click action takes a long time to show the menu. This results in even simple copy&paste actions taking lots of seconds. I tried right-clicking a selection of 9 files (6 pdf and 3 office documents) and it took 10 seconds to show the menu.
Any news about a possible fix?

Cheers

Luca Biraghi

Actually I have two issues

a) The dramatic slowdown if Windows Explorer
b) The fact that synchronisation , which in my case is > 800GB is going at a pace so slow, under 1 file per second, on a VERY (and I stress VERY) fast fibre line, means it would take more than months to complete.

So NOTHING has been suggested to correct the Windows Explorer

But I was advised to manually start Insync every time with this command line

cd C:\Users\mbennett\AppData\Roaming\Insync\App
.\insync --skip-local-scan

(obviously replace my userid mbennett with yours)

My initial testing showed NO IMPROVEMENT

So in the interim I have gone back to the native google drive client from Google. And whilst that does not work either, I’m making slow progress there at least and the explorer is NOT slowed down.

Insync is one of the most common problems in the Windows Explorer, many users are looking for the solutions for the same problem. The solutions shared above are really very good and very effective.
I tried some of the solutions and they really worked for me.
https://notresponding.net/windows-explorer-not-working/

I have just updated to the newest version of insync and now I am having exactly the same slowdown as described. If I uninstall Insync my Windows Explorer is just behaving like usual. I hope you are going to fix this ASAP, as I just paid for the team upgrade.