Insync tray icon gone after a week of use

Hello,

the insync tray icon doesn’t show anymore on my ubuntu 16.10 (gnome) setup (after a week of flawless operation, don’t know what caused it to stop showing). When i run sudo insync start instead of insync start, the systray icon appears, however. I tried all other workarounds already mentioned on the forum to no avail. Starting with --no-daemon, i get a seemingly unrelated error about /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gio/modules/libgiolibproxy.so not being loaded because of a missing symbol (if it was related, running insync using sudo would not make a difference)

is there anything else i can try except purging / reinstalling / removing config ?

greetings,
Frank

Can you try this out if it works for you?

Hello,

i tried all workarounds of that thread, see below. as already told, running insync as root using sudo makes the icon appear, so i guess it has something to do with my user. Is there no debugging mode i can enable, or a way to force show the main window from the commandline ?

greetings,
Frank

kervel@kervel-XPS-13-9360:~$ insync quit
Insync doesn't seem to be running. Start it first.

kervel@kervel-XPS-13-9360:~$ sudo apt-get install sni-qt
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
sni-qt is already the newest version (0.2.7+15.10.20150729-0ubuntu1).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
kervel@kervel-XPS-13-9360:~$ insync start
kervel@kervel-XPS-13-9360:~$ crontab -l
no crontab for kervel
kervel@kervel-XPS-13-9360:~$ insync get_status

While fiddling around suddenly the icon appeared again, i have no clue why it disappeared neither why suddenly it decided to come back (i first tried moving .config/Insync to no avail, then i put it back, and now the icon is back)

check this out @lpugoy

@Frank_Dekervel: Are you using any GNOME Shell extensions?

i used a standard ubuntu install and then i think i installed gnome thru apt-get. probably ubuntu ships some gnome shell extensions, but i did no customizing at all…

frank

1 Like

I have the same problem with Ubuntu 17.10, wirh GNOME shell extensions.