Insync very slow with Google account [ongoing investigation]

Hello,

I have version 3.7.9 installed on Linux Mint 21. It seems to work fine in the beginning. But after some time the upload speed is drastically reduced and even small files take 1 sec to upload.
The upload internet speed is 20Mbps which should be more then sufficient for even larger files to have a speedy sync.

Is this issue maybe related to Google throttling the speed of uploading?
I hope there is a solution as this is unworkable for syncing backups to the cloud.

@janwes Hi! So terribly sorry for the issue you’re experiencing. Please also send your logs to support@insynchq.com and include the following files in the folder:

• logs.db
  • out.txt
  • data folder
  • live folder

If these are too big for an attachment, feel free to send us a link so we can download these.

Hello, I just sent you the logs for investigating.

1 Like

Got them, and have responded. Thank you!

Update: This has been resolved in 3.7.11, and will be monitored further :slight_smile:

Hello mia, the newest version 3.7.11 also has problems as it stops syncing after some time.
Where can I sent the logs to?

Is someone monitoring this post as there has been no response here since my last reply.

Hi @janwes. There has been an uptick of support requests, and we would like to thank you for waiting!

Apologies for the persistent issue. You may send the logs to support@insynchq.com with the link to this post, and address it to me. Thanks!

After installing the version 3.7.13 it is again the same issue, the syncing just stops.
It is becoming very annoying to keep sending error logs as one should expect it to work.
I want a stable backup tool. But this is just unreliable and time consuming.
Although I appreciate the support it is not what one would expect of a backup app.
Can you provide a refund on this?

@janwes Could you please attach your proof of payment to the same email thread where you sent your support request? The subject head for said thread is “Support email” for reference.