Insync will not start libdconfsettings.s error

I have Insync 3.2.9 running on an openSUSE 15.2 system with xfce 4.14 and it works fine.

On another system upgrade to openSUSE 15.2 from 15.1, switched to xfce 4.14 from kde 5.18.

If I log into KDE session Insync (3.2.9) works fine, if I log into xfce session Insync (3.2.9) fails to start and I get the following error (insync start --no-daemon)

/usr/lib/insync/insync: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib64/gio/modules/libdconfsettings.so: undefined symbol: g_log_structured_standard

For now I’m logging in with kde.

Help appreciated to resolve this issue.

Hi! Thanks for reporting this. Could you go to ~/.config/Insync and send your logs.db + out.txt files to support@insynchq.com? Please include a link to this post for reference :slight_smile:

email sent with requested information

1 Like

Any news regarding this? I’m currently experiencing this problem with Insync 3.3.8 running on openSUSE 15.2 with xfce 4.14

Hi @klovack,

We sent instructions via email to the user above after he shared his logs (for privacy purposes), and I am clarifying with our engineers if this applies to your case as well! If the steps are not specific to a user’s setup then I will update this forums thread. Otherwise I will suggest to do an email correspondence to maintain the security.

Thank you!

Hi @mia, I found out that it probably wasn’t because of Insync specifically. I removed gsettings-backend-dconf and now it works.

1 Like

@klovack I am glad to know this has been sorted out. I appreciate your update! :slight_smile: