Insync window doesn't adhere to KDE/Qt screen scaling setting

Debian Sid
KDE 5.8

Hi, I have a ThinkPad X1 4th gen with a 13" HiDPI WQHD display (2560 x 1440). I’m using KDE’s built in Scale Display feature that’s in System Settings > Display > Scale Display. This setting for me is set to “1.5” and generally scales up the size of most windows appropriately. It does not stretch out pixels (which specifying a scale factor in something like xrandr would).

Anyhow, sadly Insync does not scale along with everything else, and therefore the window the pops up when I click on the system tray icon is pretty tiny and hard to read. It would be great if this window could scale along with that Scale Display feature.

Here are some posts that you might find helpful in this subject…

http://blog.davidedmundson.co.uk/blog/high_dpi_again

Thanks!

Tagging our engineer @lpugoy and he will get back to you.

@rubin110: Apologies for the trouble. Insync does not use Qt 5.6 yet, so we can’t use the instructions in that blog post. We only currently support scaling in GNOME and related desktop environments, but we plan to add support to KDE soon.

Soon would be good, currently this is the only issue preventing me from actually using your tool. Really annoying to read.

I realize that I am necrobumping a thread here, but it is now August 17, and the issue remains. I think Insync is a great tool, and while it is technically usable at this very tiny size, it is quite a large annoyance.

Is there any update on when Insync will get a Qt5 upgrade?

Hi,

sorry for necrobumping again, but it still is tiny in KDE-Plasma.

Any updates?

Yes, this is still an issue with KDE Plasma 5.10.5. A fix for a paying customer would be appreciated.

Sorry for bumping again but insync is pretty unusable on kde … any news about a fix ?

Will this be fixed this year? Sorry for necrobumping too.

Hi! Please check out our post re: window scaling here: https://help.insynchq.com/installation-on-windows-linux-and-macos/getting-started-with-insync/linux-enabling-hidpi-setting

Hit reply in case it doesn’t work for you. :slight_smile: Thanks!