Insync won't start after initial installation - OpenSuse Leap 15.2

I installed insync in OpeSuse Leap 15.2 to give it a try. When I try to start it from the command prompt with the command “insync start,” nothing happens. However then I try to run it with the command “insync start --no-daemon,” I get the following message:

/usr/lib/insync/insync: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib64/gio/modules/libdconfsettings.so: undefined symbol: g_log_structured_standard

I do not know what to do and any help would be greatly appreaciated.

Hi @jsberrios! Could you give this build a try?
https://d2t3ff60b2tol4.cloudfront.net/builds/insync-3.3.10.40961-fc34.x86_64.rpm

Let me know how it goes by replying to this thread :slight_smile: Thank you!

PS – this is a new release which explains why it’s not yet available in our downloads or repository This is already in the repos

Hello Mia,

Thank you for your prompt reply and for providing me a link to the new release of Insync. Unfortunately, this release of Insync does not install because it requires glibc >= 2.33. The default glibc library in opensuse Leap 15.2 is 2.26.

Any ideas?

Hi @jsberrios :slight_smile: Please disregard the previous advise to use Fedora 34-- that build is specific to OpenSUSE Tumbleweed users.

Could you try the Fedora 27 build instead?

Hi Mia,

I tried the Fedora 27 build and still get the following message: ’
/usr/lib/insync/insync: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib64/gio/modules/libdconfsettings.so: undefined symbol: g_log_structured_standard

Thank you for your help and patience.

Very Respectfully,

Joseph

I found the following post in which the user removed gsettings-backend-dconf.

I did that and now Insync works.

Hi @jsberrios,

Glad to know you came across that post and that things are working on your end! If you have any other questions or concerns, let me know here!