Insync won't start after initial use worked

I did get insync running once. Set up a sync with one folder on my Google Drive. Then I closed the app and I haven’t been able to get it to start again since.

This is on a pixelbook using the Terminal app, which is Debian stretch.

When I try to start it from the linux prompt with “insync start”, nothing happens at all - I just get the next line’s prompt.

When I try to start it as a ChromeOS app, the icon swirls around and around in the taskbar at the bottom of the screen, but nothing else happens.

Help!

Hi @Jonah_Gelbach,

Can you please send in the output of insync start --no-daemon?

1 Like

Hello @nikki:
Recently, I installed insync-3.2.4.40856-fc27.x86_64.rpm in OpenSuse Leap 15.2.

I had an older version of Insync (don’t remember, maybe 2 years ago).
However, I have the same problem as Jonah. After installation, Insync started indexing my current insync directory (a long time process); I turn off my computer before it was finished. The next day, Insync did not start. I tried running the process from the command line, but almost immediately, the prompt appeared showing nothing at all. Then, I tried with insync start --no-daemon, but nothing happened again.
Is there a log file to see what could be problem?

Thank you for your help.

Hi @antoniojaimes,

Sounds similar to a startup issue reported here: New Insync version: 3.2.3

Could you let me know if this workaround helps? As an update, our Linux team is working to fix this further in an upcoming build :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot, @mia. Deleting the insync[#].sock file solved the problem. Insync is running again :grinning:

1 Like

Awesome to know it’s sorted out, @antoniojaimes :slight_smile:

I had a similar issue on Insync 3.5.4.50130 running on Ubuntu 20.04.3. I had no display device connected and I got the following error. I was able to address the issue by running vncserver localhost

insync start --no-daemon
qt.qpa.xcb: could not connect to display
qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, vnc, wayland-egl, wayland, wayland-xcomposite-egl, wayland-xcomposite-glx, webgl, xcb.

Aborted (core dumped)
1 Like

Thank you for sharing the fix you used, @eknag!