Insync won't start after initial use worked

I did get insync running once. Set up a sync with one folder on my Google Drive. Then I closed the app and I haven’t been able to get it to start again since.

This is on a pixelbook using the Terminal app, which is Debian stretch.

When I try to start it from the linux prompt with “insync start”, nothing happens at all - I just get the next line’s prompt.

When I try to start it as a ChromeOS app, the icon swirls around and around in the taskbar at the bottom of the screen, but nothing else happens.

Help!

Hi @Jonah_Gelbach,

Can you please send in the output of insync start --no-daemon?

1 Like

Hello @nikki:
Recently, I installed insync-3.2.4.40856-fc27.x86_64.rpm in OpenSuse Leap 15.2.

I had an older version of Insync (don’t remember, maybe 2 years ago).
However, I have the same problem as Jonah. After installation, Insync started indexing my current insync directory (a long time process); I turn off my computer before it was finished. The next day, Insync did not start. I tried running the process from the command line, but almost immediately, the prompt appeared showing nothing at all. Then, I tried with insync start --no-daemon, but nothing happened again.
Is there a log file to see what could be problem?

Thank you for your help.

Hi @antoniojaimes,

Sounds similar to a startup issue reported here: New Insync version: 3.2.3

Could you let me know if this workaround helps? As an update, our Linux team is working to fix this further in an upcoming build :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot, @miamoran. Deleting the insync[#].sock file solved the problem. Insync is running again :grinning:

1 Like

Awesome to know it’s sorted out, @antoniojaimes :slight_smile: